Staff Selection commission (SSC) invites application for the position of Group- B and Group – C vacancies through combined graduate level examination (CGL) 2016 (Tier-I).
Name of post:- The various posts are as follows:
- Assistant Section Officer (Central Secretariat Service)
- Assistant (Intelligence Bureau, Central Vigilance Commission, Ministry of Railway, Ministry of External Affairs, AFHQ, Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organisations)
- Inspector, (Central Excise)
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)
- Inspector (Examiner)
- Assistant Enforcement Officer
- Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG
- Sub Inspector (National Investigation Agency, Central Bureau of Investigation)
- Inspector Central Bureau of Narcotics
- Statistical Investigator Gr.II
Age Limit:- Candidates, must have attained the minimum age of 18 years and their maximum age should not exceed 27 years. Although, for some positions the lower and upper age limit varies according to the post. The details are as follows:
- Sub-Inspector (Narcotics): 18 to 25 years
- Assistant Section Officer: 20-30 years
- Assistant (Intelligence Bureau): 21-27 years
- Sub-Inspector (CBI): 20-30 years
- Assistant Enforcement Officer: not exceeding 30 years
- Sub-Inspector (NIA): not exceeding 30 years
- Assistant Audit Officer: Not exceeding 30 years
- Statistical Investigator GR-II: not exceeding 32 years
Eligibility Criteria:- Bachelors Degree in any discipline except for the post of Statistical Investigator, Accountant/ Junior Accountant and Compiler.
Job Location:- All over India
Last Date for Applying :- 21st March 2016 for Part I and 24th March 2016 for Part II.
Pay Scale:- Pay scale for Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ are as follow:
- For Group “B” Posts: Pay Band-2 – Rs. 9300 – 39100/- per month
- For Group “C” Posts: Pay Band-1 – Rs. 5200 – 20200/- per month
Selection Procedure:- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of written examination of both Tier I and Tier II. Those who will clear the Tier I cut off will be eligible for taking Tier II written test. No personal interview will be conducted this time, as per the instruction of the Union Government.
Application fee:- Candidates can apply only by paying the application fee of Rs. 100/- through debit card/ credit card/ net banking or State Bank of India bank Challan. Candidates belonging to the Schedule caste categories candidates (SC) / schedule tribe, Physically Handicapped, Ex-Servicemen and Women candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
How to apply:- Candidates may apply online through official website of Staff selection commission website www.ssconline2.gov.in or http://sscregistration.nic.in from 13th February 2016 to 21st March 2016 for Part I and till 24th March 2016 for Part II.